A recent script I built had this criteria:
- We have a maximum length of 6000mm, if the buyer needs a cut longer than, or a total of 4000mm (4 x 1200mm), they are warned and charged for the 6000mm price.
- A minimum length of 100mm, any length less than this produces an alert to the buyer, plus enters 100 in the length box.
- If they order a length longer than 3000mm, they are warned that the maximum length for delivery is 3000mm, they can arrange their own collection for a length over 3000mm.
- The script must total all cut lengths, 2 x 1000mm + 3 x 1200mm.
- The number of cuts made is charged on a sliding scale, 1-3 cuts = 100c per cut, 4-8 cuts = 80c per cut and over 9 cuts = 60c per cut.
- There is a handling charge of 100c to each order.
- The price is shown on the page.
- A discount structure, a total over 18000mm gets 10%, over 60000mm gets 20%.
- The cost per mm, the cost per cut and the discount can be quickly changed per product/form.
Product details: 50mm Dia x 2.0mm Thickness, 0.56579 Per mm.